Saturday, December 13, 2008

Unanswered Prayers ...

I used to pray for company. For another heart that bled like mine. Someone who felt as deeply as I did and knew both the blessings and the curse. I prayed from selfish, impure motives, without care for consequences. I tried to pray away the loneliness.

I used to pray for peace. For the walls to stop shaking and my bones to stop quaking. To stop the tears, or the blood, or the fear. I prayed from lack of faith, not knowing that strength grows out of weakness. I tried to pray away the pain.

I used to pray for protection. From the knowable and the unknowable. From the sadness that surrounds us, the unseen enemies and the isolation. I prayed without humbling myself, not trusting in the greater good. I tried to pray away the insecurity.

I used to pray for understanding. To know my own fortune and find a path that I could follow unafraid. To win without having gambled. I prayed for my own will to be done. I tried to pray away the peril.

I used to pray for salvation. To deliver my friends from the clutches of their addictions. To save them from themselves. I prayed without confessing my own sins. I tried to pray away the suffering, the stigma, and the guilt...


(P.S : All Credits and a Spl Thanks to Jay )

1 comment:

Ajan said...

Its really awesome in a magical way..its charming, and aches for meditation and peace at heart..it kinda shows the inner u..and its beautiful and well writ!

(Sorry, I'm bad in choosing words to describe something that keeps my mind in rhythm and gets the gears going..So, its difficult to think a 100 things at the same time while appreciating the source which drove it in motion..)